2020 Hike for Health Has been re-imagined.
The theme this year is “Choose Your Adventure”
Thanks to all our 2020 participants and sponsors.
About the Hike For Health
The annual Hike for Health raises money in support of programs and organizations that benefit the health of our local communities.
Thank you to our wonderful committee members and volunteers, your handwork and planning does not go unnoticed. Thank you to all of this year’s hikers as well as the supporting organizations and businesses for another great Hike for Health! Although this year had a little twist, we thank you all for taking part and making this year’s event possible. With your help we are able to give back $5800 to our communities! Participants are encouraged to continue exploring official trails in the Nipigon and Red Rock area at http://www.nipigon.net/visitors/trails/
This year funds are being distributed in the following ways:
– Rotary Club of Canada to help support Jump Start programming within our communities.
– Land of Nipigon Waterway Development Association to help with trail maintenance and preservation.
– Local schools to help with student engagement, programs and equipment.
– High school graduate bursary to help support a graduating student with an interest in health and wellness follow their dream career through post-secondary education. Information about the bursary requirements and application will be available through each school’s guidance counselor(s) shortly.
– Micro-grants to help support local health and wellness initiatives! Stay tuned for more information and application forms.
This year 57 hikers registered for the 23rd Annual Hike for Health – Choose your Adventure raising a total of $2500 through registration fees and donations/pledges. Here are some fun stats!
Most popular trail: Nipigon River Recreation Trail
Highest fundraiser: Dan Brown
Oldest hiker: Ted Nyman
11 hikers were 12 and under
SAVE THE DATE for the 24th Annual Hike for Health: Saturday, September 25th, 2021.